PhD Data Boot Camp 1: Obtaining and Recording Consent for Your Research
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Helen Porter and Yenn Lee
Date: 18 June 2018Time: 2:30 PM
Finishes: 18 June 2018Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: Library Room E17
Type of Event: Training
Note: Internal event not open to external attendees.
Open to SOAS PhD Students Only
The PhD Data Boot Camp is a new set of hands-on sessions to help doctoral researchers with collecting and managing data professionally and effectively. It is relevant for researchers at all stages - whether you are preparing for fieldwork, have returned from the field, or are planning to submit your thesis soon.
Session 1 we will give key information and practical exercises to help PhD researchers, who are working with human research participants, the the process of getting informed consent:
- Why do you need to get informed consent?
- Which key documents do you need to read and use?
- What does a good informed consent process look like?
- Who do you need to get consent from?
- How do you create a consent form?
- Dealing with consent in special circumstances
- Assessing risk in the consent process
Book your place via Eventbrite
Workshop will be run by:
Helen Porter, Digital Services Support Officer
Yenn Lee, Doctoral Training Adviser
Organiser: SOAS Library and Doctoral School
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Tel: 02078984179