PhD Data Boot Camp 2: Organising and Backing Up Your PhD Data
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Helen Porter and Yenn Lee
Date: 19 June 2018Time: 2:30 PM
Finishes: 19 June 2018Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: Library Room E17
Type of Event: Training
For SOAS PhD Students Only
The PhD Data Boot Camp is a new set of hands-on sessions to help doctoral researchers with collecting and managing data professionally and effectively. It is relevant for researchers at all stages - whether you are preparing for fieldwork, have returned from the field, or are planning to submit your thesis soon.
Session 2 we will be sharing practical advice about how you can keep your data safe and secure during your PhD and top tips for how you can organize your data so you can keep track of it:
- What are the risks and situations you might lose your PhD Data?
- Where should you store your PhD Data before, during and after fieldwork?
- How do you backup your data effectively?
- How do you choose a file-naming and folder system that works for you?
- What other information do you need to keep about your data?
Book your place via Eventbrite
Workshop will be run by:
Helen Porter, Digital Services Support Officer
Yenn Lee, Doctoral Training Adviser
Organiser: SOAS Library and Doctoral School
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tel: 02078984179