Library Research Tutorials for Economics and Finance & Management Studies (Online)
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Hassan Fiaz - Social Sciences Librarian (International Studies & Diplomacy, Economics, Finance & Management, IFCELS)
Date: 12 June 2020Time: 12:00 PM
Venue: Online (BLE)
Type of Event: Training
Note: Internal event not open to external attendees.
From Friday 12 June, a range of library research tutorials and guides for students in the Economics and Finance & Management departments will be available to access via Moodle. These will offer a valuable source of research guidance for PG dissertations and PhD Researchers, with a particular focus on remote learning and resources. The following topics will be covered:
- Overview of e-resources for Economics and Finance & Management Studies
- Accessing e-resources while off-campus
- Additional e-resources made available during COVID-19
- Open access resources
- Enhancing search techniques and methods
- Introduction to the Eikon Database
- Overview of SOAS financial databases
- Incorporating news sources into research
- Basic tips on dissertation writing and structure
- Introduction to SOAS Special Collections
Following this, if you have further questions or require specific advice, virtual drop-ins will be held on Friday 19th June, 12:00-14:00 and 16:00-18:00. Please see here for details.
Alternatively, you may email me (email@example.com) at any point in time with any questions/issues you may have. Student support and engagement is central to the Library's ethos and continues to be prioritised throughout the remote learning period.
Link to access the materials on BLE (under Economics AND Finance & Management header): https://ble.soas.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=23144
Accessible from 12 June. No registration is required.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org