SOAS Library provides access to many databases which support legal research. The list below includes resources which are restricted access to SOAS students and staff only. Restricted access databases may be available to Library visitors from some terminals in the Library.
SOAS students and staff – may cross-search some of these databases, journals and ebooks using EBSCO Discovery.
- HeinOnline for US and International journals and primary legal materials for various countries
- LexisLibrary for full text case law, legislation and journal articles from the UK, EU, US and other selected jurisdictions
- Westlaw International for full text journal articles worldwide and case law and legislation from the US and other selected jurisdictions
- Westlaw UK – for full text case law, legislation from the UK and EU, and the Legal Journals
- For Chinese law see pkulaw and Westlaw China
- For International law see Hague Academy Collected Courses, Oxford Reports on International Law, Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law and Max Planck Encyclopedia of Public International Law
- For South Asian law see SCC Online, Manupatra and Pakistanlawsite
- For African law see SCC Online and LawAfrica
- For selected Middle Eastern law see Lexis Middle East
- For older material from a variety of jurisdictions see LLMC Digital
- For legal materials on various subjects see Family Law Online, Trade Law Guide and Kluwer Arbitration