Paying library fines
You’ll be fined if you return or renew an item after the due date. This also applies to recalled materials that you return after the new due date.
Please be aware that fines are calculated when you return items, so you will not see any fines accrued on overdue items until then. So, it is important that you are aware of when your items are due.
Please note that SOAS Library will not waive fines once paid.
Our current fine rates
|Long loans (2 weeks/1 month/3 months)||25p per day until returned|
|One-week loans||75p per day until returned|
|Music CDs (3-day loan)||75p per day until returned|
|DVDs (3-day loan)||75p per day until returned|
|Carrel Keys (4 hour loan)||£1 per hour until returned|
There are also charges for lost items or anything that’s damaged when it’s returned.
How to pay fines
- Online via SOAS Library Account
- Online Via SOAS Store - After payment please email the digital receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also pay fines via the Finance Office
- By phone on +44 (0)20 7074 5030, during office hours 10am - 1pm and then 2pm - 4pm Monday - Friday.
- In person by credit/or debit card to the Finance Office, Paul Webley Wing, Senate House.
- If you’re prepared to send your card details, the Finance Office will accept payment by email too: email@example.com
- Please ask the Cashier to email the Library about your payment. They’ll add it to your record and send you a confirmation email.
- If paying for lost books/items please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that the library will accept the payment.
Please make sure you clear any fines or outstanding charges before you complete your studies at SOAS.