Paying library fines
You’ll be fined if you return or renew an item after the due date. This also applies to recalled materials that you return after the new due date.
Please be aware that fines are calculated when you return items, so you will not see any fines accrued on overdue items until then. So, it is important that you are aware of when your items are due.
Our current fine rates
|Long loans (2 weeks/1 month/3 months)||25p per day until returned|
|One-week loans||75p per day until returned|
|Music CDs (3-day loan)||75p per day until returned|
|DVDs (3-day loan)||75p per day until returned|
There are also charges for lost items or anything that’s damaged when it’s returned.
How to pay fines
- Online via SOAS Library Account
- At the Library Issue desk in person with cash or cheque (made payable to SOAS - Library).
- You can also pay fines via the Finance Office
- By phone on 020 7074 5030, during office hours 10am - 1pm and then 2pm - 4pm Monday - Friday.
- In person by credit/or debit card to the Finance Office, Paul Webley Wing, Senate House.
- If you’re prepared to send your card details, the Finance Office will accept payment by email too: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ask the Cashier to email the Library about your payment. They’ll add it to your record and send you a confirmation email.
Please make sure you clear any fines or outstanding charges before you complete your studies at SOAS. Otherwise it could delay your results or graduation information.