Nutrition for Growth - One Year On
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 2 June 2014Time: 5:30 PM
Finishes: 2 June 2014Time: 6:30 PM
Venue: London School Of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Room: John Snow Lecture Theatre
Type of Event: Panel Discussion
The Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition with Department for International Development, the Embassy of Brazil in London and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation are pleased to invite you to “Nutrition for Growth – One Year On” Panel Discussion followed by refreshments.
The event will also be live streamed (the link will be available closer to the event). Send in your questions via twitter #Nutrition4growth.
This event marks the one-year anniversary of Nutrition for Growth. An event that saw major public and private commitments to improving nutrition, including the establishment of the Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition. This update will highlight progress made over the past year, explore global nutrition issues including the burgeoning burden of Non-Communicable Diseases and will take a look at the future of the Nutrition for Growth commitments.
The evening also kick starts the ‘4th Annual LCIRAH Research Conference: Agri-food policy and governance for nutrition and health’, a two-day conference that brings together leading researchers from around the world.
- Michael Anderson, CEO, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
- Tom Arnold, Concern Worldwide’s Special Representative for Hunger
- Sir John Beddington, Co-Chair, Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition; former UK Government Chief Scientific Advisor
- Joe Cerrell, Managing Director, Global Policy & Advocacy, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Nick Dyer, Director General, Policy and Global Programmes Department for International Development
- Lawrence Haddad, Senior Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute’s (IFPRI) Poverty Health and Nutrition Division; Co-Chair of the Independent Expert Group for the Global Nutrition Report
- His Excellency, Roberto Jaguaribe, Ambassador of Brazil to the United Kingdom
- Srinath Reddy, Global Panel Member; President, Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI); Co-Chair of the Independent Expert Group for the Global Nutrition Report
Jeff Waage, Head and Technical Advisor, Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition; Director, London International Development Centre (LIDC)