The Multimedia Equipment Loan Service is primarily to support teaching, learning and research at SOAS. Equipment is only available for loan for the use of SOAS Staff and Students. Unfortunately we are unable to loan equipment to visitors or external users.
Equipment available for loan:
- Presentation Laptops (SOAS campus Day-Loan, Staff Only)
- Data Projectors (Staff Only)
- Webcams (Suitable for Skype (with built-in microphone)
- Video Cameras
- Audio Recorders
The responsibility rests with the borrower with regard to loss, damage and replacement. We may check on the credibility of use and reserve the right to withdraw use without notice. Equipment not returned on time will be chargeable, and may result in removal of loan privileges, and your department will be advised to take appropriate action.
You are responsible for the set-up and operation of borrowed equipment, the transfer, storage and processing of content and the removal of files/recordings before items are returned.
Please follow the procedure below for your own bookings. Indicate clearly if you are requesting equipment on behalf of a student. If you are making a booking for a group of students as a course requirement, please complete the Multimedia Support Form, preferably before the start of term, (staff login required). A suitable support package can then be arranged.
Requests must be agreed by your tutor or course convenor in advance of the loan stating that it is related to your study, or a component of your course.
Student societies should make initial enquiries with the Student's Union (Entertainments Officer) who possess various equipment items which are available for student events. Any request made to the Multimedia Department must go through Peter Baran or Khaled Ziada.
- Requests must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving at least 5 days’ notice
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with the collection date and time.
- Equipment needs to be collected and signed for in person from room L50 (9am-1pm and 2pm-4.30pm, Mon - Fri). A SOAS ID card is required.
- Returns must be made to L50 on the agreed date and time.
Please arrange in advance if you need specific training - Multimedia are usually able to offer training or advice in the use of loan equipment, but this is not always possible during busy times.
Long Term Loan
You can borrow equipment for up to 7 days. In exceptional circumstances we will consider longer loan periods depending on demand and availability.