The Idea of Iran: The Turko-Timurid Intermezzo
Date: 18 November 2017Time: 9:45 AM
Finishes: 19 November 2017Time: 2:00 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery Room: Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre
Type of Event: Symposium
Convened by Sarah Stewart, SOAS and Charles Melville, University of Cambridge.
The Centre for Iranian Studies, the Department of History, Religions and Philosophies, SOAS and the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, University of Cambridge remain deeply grateful to the Soudavar Memorial Foundation for their continued support for this series.
- Shahzad Bashir, Stanford University
- Michele Bernardini, University of Naples "L'Orientale"
- Elaheh Kheirandish, Harvard University
- Beatrice Manz, Tufts University
- Elena Paskaleva, Leiden University
- Eleanor Sims, Independent Scholar
- Maria Subtelny, University of Toronto
- Marc Toutant, CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research)
- John Woods, University of Chicago
- Daniel Zakrzewski, Marburg University
Admission: £15; Conc. & LMEI Affiliates: £10; Students: Free.
Organiser: Centre for Iranian Studies, the Department of History, Religions and Philosophies, SOAS and the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, University of Cambridge
Sponsor: Soudavar Memorial Foundation
Image: Iskandar, in the likeness of Husayn Bayqara visiting the wise man in a cave © The British Library Board, Or.6810, f.273r
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tel: 020 7898 4330/4490