- Book Launch: Haydar Ergülen in conversation with Caroline Stockford
Pomegranate Garden: A Selection of Poems by Haydar Ergülen
- Banking on the state: the Financial Foundations of Lebanon
Dr Hicham Safieddine (Kings College London)
In 1943, Lebanon gained its formal political independence from France; only after two more decades did the country finally establish a national central bank. Inaugurated on April 1, 1964, the Banque du Liban (BDL) was billed by Lebanese authorities as the nation's primary symbol of economic sovereignty and as the last step towards full independence.
- Gender and the Entanglements of Power: The Politics of Stadium Access in Iran
Dr Nazanin Shahrokni (LSE)
While much has been written about the impact of the 1979 Islamic revolution on life in Iran, discussions about the everyday life of Iranian women have been glaringly missing.
- Democracy and Crisis: Turkey and Greece in Flux
Dr Yaprak Gürsoy (Lecturer in Politics and International Relations, Aston University)
- Palestine: A Four Thousand Year History
Professor Nur Masalha (formerly, St. Mary's University, Twickenham)
In this talk, Professor Masalha will trace Palestine’s millennia-old heritage, uncovering cultures and societies of astounding depth and complexity that stretch back to the very beginnings of recorded history.