Music Department Events
- Kālbeliyās: Dancers, gypsies or snake charmers. Staging of Authenticity and Dynamics of Identity
Ayla Joncheere (University of Ghent)
- Symposium on Language and Music
Prof. Linda Barwick (University of Sydney; Leverhulme Visiting Professor, SOAS)
To celebrate the UNESCO's International Year of Indigenous Languages, we are proud to present the Symposium on Language and Music, organised by the SOAS Department of Music and the SOAS World Languages Institute.
- Moroccan Judeo-Spanish Women's Songs: Core Function of a Forgotten Repertoire
Vanessa Paloma Elbaz (Cambridge University)
- Composing National Subjects: U.S. Missionary Projects in Korea, 1884-1915
Hyun Kyong Hannah Chang (University of Sheffield)
- "Fusion as inclusion: A Lima upper-class delusion? Music, class identity and new citizenships in post-war Lima"
Fiorella Diaz (Keele University)