Music Travel Grants
Two awards of £500 for Music 2nd year Undergraduates and Postgraduate Taught Masters students, to fund travel for research leading to an ISP or dissertation.
Closing date: First Monday after Reading Week, Term 2.
Click on the links below to read these blogs from previous award winners:
- Rachel Sears - Queer Moroccan Musicking during Covid-19
- Clayton Ludger Dahm - A Trip to West Africa: The Kora and Mandinka Weddings
- Upatyaka Dutta - Cultures of Instrument Making in Assam
- Peadar Connolly-Davey - My Journey through the European Ballroom Scene
- Francesco Longo - Sounding Rural Modernity in Ghana
- Richard Gray - Xabumbada Revisitada 1 (pdf; 2mb) and Xabumbada Revisitada 2 (pdf; 7mb)
- Henry Ashworth - Karen Music and Ceremony
- Rudy Green - My Journey to the Cassamance
SOAS undergraduate music student Rudy Green learning kora in Kolda, Senegal (summer 2017)