11 April 2016
From acclaimed director Jacques Audiard (A Prophet, Rust and Bone) and winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival, the powerful story of DHEEPAN will arrive in cinemas on 8 April. Ahead of its release, we have three prize bundles to giveaway including some of Jacques Audiard’s previous films such as A Prophet, Rust and Bone and A Self Made Hero plus a DHEEPAN poster.
From acclaimed director Jacques Audiard comes the powerful story of Dheepan, a Sri Lankan Tamil warrior who is forced to flee to France to escape the civil war, posing as a family with a woman and young girl he has never previously met.
Finding work as a caretaker of a housing block in the suburbs of Paris, Dheepan works to build a new life and home for his ‘wife’ and ‘daughter’, but the daily violence he confronts quickly reopens the violence from his past, and he is left fighting for their livelihood, and eventually their lives.
Reviews will then need to be sent to email@example.com to enter. As well as winning a prize bundle, the three lucky winners will also have their reviews published on the SOAS website.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes at 10am on Monday 18 April
- Open to UK residents only
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- Prize for three winners is one prize bundle including x1 A Prophet on DVD, x1 A Self Made Hero on DVD, x1 See How They Fall on DVD, x1 Rust and Bone on DVD and x1 Dheepan poster each only. The three winners’ reviews will also be published on the SOAS website
- Please note that the poster will not be framed
- To be in with a chance of winning, entrants must submit a 200-300 word review of a previous Audiard film. Eligible entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By entering this competition, all entrants are permitting SOAS to feature their full name and entry on the SOAS website if they are selected as one of the three winners
- Entries will be judged by SOAS staff and SOAS will select the three winners
- The three winners will be contacted via email
- The name, email address and contact number of the three winners will be requested for prize fulfilment and may be passed to a third party provider for prize arrangement
- The winners must respond accepting the prize within 5 days of notification. Failure to respond by this time will result in their prize becoming void and the editor will have the option to pick another winner from the pool of entrants
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.