16 May 2017
Amongst universities based in London, SOAS has risen to fourth place in the latest Guardian University Guide. It is now rated top among London universities for both satisfaction with teaching and for the overall quality of its courses.
In the overall league table, SOAS has risen five places to 25th in the UK and is also rated in the UK’s top 15 for students’ satisfaction with teaching.
The Guardian University Guide 2018 also shows that SOAS subjects have risen in the subject rankings:
- Anthropology (which includes Development Studies) up one place to 8th
- Business and Management rises three places to 12th
- History of Art rises three places to 13th
- History rises four places to 14th
- Politics rises two places to 18th
- Modern Languages and Linguistics moves up on 1 place to 21st
- Music is newly ranked at 26th
- Law moves up one place to 32nd
This follows a similar rise of five places in the Complete University Guide 2018 published in April. SOAS has also recently been ranked sixth in world (54.3%) for the highest percentage of international students in the Times Higher Education International student table 2017.
The Guardian guide ranks 120 UK universities according to National Student Survey results; spending per student; student/staff ratio; graduate career prospects; entry grades; and a value-added score that compares students’ entry qualifications with their final degree results.