14 September 2017
SOAS University of London has been ranked 77th in world and 14th in the UK for Arts and Humanities in the Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2018.
In the overall rankings released earlier this month, SOAS received the highest score in the international outlook category, ranking it 167th out of the 1,102 in the world. The School also scored well for Teaching and Research - with SOAS ranked in the top 20 for Teaching and 26th for Research amongst UK institutions.
The 2018 rankings evaluated over 1,300 of the world’s leading research universities and looked at 130 data points for each institution across five performance areas:
- Teaching (the learning environment);
- Research (volume, income and reputation);
- Citations (research influence);
- International outlook (staff, students and research);
- Industry income (knowledge transfer).