24 May 2018
Harness the power of photography and share your experiences from around the Middle East. A selection of entries will be published in a future edition of The Middle East in London magazine. The winner, chosen by members of the Editorial Board, will be awarded £100 worth of Amazon tokens.
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 30 September 2018 and should include your name, email address or telephone number, photo title and photo-caption including place and date. This information is mandatory; we are unable to consider entries without it.
Photographs must be in digital format (JPEG or .jpg) and digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller and at least 1,600 pixels wide (if landscape/horizontal) or 1,600 pixels tall (if portrait/vertical). We are unable to consider print or film submissions. Entrants should limit their submissions to a maximum of 2 images total; if additional photographs are sent through only the first 2 will be considered. We recommend submitting each entry in a separate email.
Themes are not restricted, but the following categories may serve as helpful guidelines:
- Travel portraits: People working, playing, celebrating
- Outdoor scenes: Landscapes, aerials, wildlife, waterscapes
- Sense of place: Buildings & architecture, culture & food
- Current affairs: Political and social events, protests, demonstrations
By submitting a photograph, each entrant confirms and accepts the following terms and conditions:
- The photograph, in its entirety, is a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant.
- The entrant warrants that the photograph submitted is their own work, that they own the copyright for it and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- The entrant accepts the responsibility to ensure that any images submitted have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity and/or intellectual property rights of any entity, third party or any laws
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to London Middle East Institute at SOAS, University of London to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material with full credits given to the photographer.
The Middle East in London will not enter into correspondence regarding the final decision. Entries will only be processed after the deadline has passed. Winners are announced in the Dec/Jan issue of the magazine and posted online alongside our previous photo competition winners here.