8 March 2019
SOAS University of London to host the 8th annual African Development Forum which is based around the theme of ‘insecurity’. The conference will host a series of panel discussions on leadership, conflict and economy on 15-16 March 2019.
- Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations in conversation with Baroness Valerie Amos CH
- Ibrahim Mayaki, NEPAD CEO
- Amir Abdulla, World Food Programme Deputy Director
- Olutimehin Adegbeye - Writer and Activist
- Siyanda Mohutsiwa - Writer, Associate Professor, and Social Media Influencer
- Wale Lawal - Oxford Scholar, Founder of The Republic
- Said El Hachimi - Counsellor at World Trade Organisation
- Yinka Adegoke - Quartz Africa Editor
SOAS Director Baroness Valerie Amos CH will be in conversation with Amina J. Mohammed at the event on 16 March. SOAS academics including Professor Mushtaq Khan, Professor Victor Murinde, Professor Awino Okech and Chibundu Onuzo will also be speaking at the event.
The conference will examine the nature of insecurity in Africa, looking at leadership and styles, economies and activities, and identity and ‘African-ness’. These discussions aim to shape a culture for a new generation, along with attempts to defend, preserve and grow Africa.
To reserve your tickets and for more information visit the event page.