29 August 2014
The Second World Congress of Taiwan Studies will be held at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) June 18-20, 2015. The Congress is being co-organized by Academia Sinica and the SOAS Centre of Taiwan Studies.
The main themes for the Congress are the State of the Field in Taiwan Studies and Taiwan Studies Revisited. We are particularly seeking papers that critically assess the existing field of research in a variety of disciplines. In addition, we will have a series of papers in which authors revisit their most important work in the light of recent developments and research findings. We will have a total 19 panels that address prominent topics in the field of Taiwan Studies and also a number of practical panels that look at themes such as institution building, publishing and teaching.
We have completed the initial round of invitations and now would like to invite abstracts on the following topics:
- State of the field on Taiwan’s political communication research
- State of the field of research on Taiwan film (not documentaries)
- State of the field of research on Internet Politics in Taiwan
- State of the field on gender politics in Taiwan
- State of the field on migration research in Taiwan
- State of the field on research on 21st century Taiwan literature
- Assessment of Taiwan’s economic challenges after ECFA
- Abstract deadline: October 1, 2014
- Abstracts should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts should be no more than 600 words long.
We will announce the accepted abstracts on November 15 2014.
The organizers will cover the costs of participants’ accommodation for three nights in London but not travel costs.