- Accommodation options at SOAS - webinar
- 'Seeds of Bullets' book launch and poetry reading
Sura Hussein Mohammed Ali
Book launch with the poet, translator and publishers, and poetry reading in Arabic and English.
- Research in Languages and Cultures of the Near and Middle East at SOAS: "Connectivity over Space and Time" - Research Student Conference
During the past decades, there has been an increased interest across the humanities in various types of connectivities. The research being conducted at SOAS is exciting and original, and this conference aims to bring together students working on a wide variety of projects in order to stimulate bigger-picture thinking. Organised by PhD students with the support of SOAS Doctoral School, the Department of the Near and Middle East and the London Middle East Institute.
- The Arabian Nights, The Craft of Storytelling
Robert Irwin in conversation with Wen-chin Ouyang.
- Studying Arabic in Cairo: Q & A with Aimen Hassanein, Director of International House Cairo
Aimen Hassanein (Director of International House Cairo)
- Seeing is Believing: Miracles in Islamic Thought
Sponsored by the British Association for Islamic Studies (BRAIS), and hosted by the Department of the Near and Middle East.
- Music, Faith and Diplomacy Along the Silk Road
The centuries of cultural exchange along the Silk Road have played a central role in constructing the cultures of Asia and Europe.
- Iran after the nuclear deal: the role of economic, religious and political actors and the potential normalisation of relations with its regional neighbourhood
Clément Therme, International Institute for Strategic Studies, Middle East Office, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Faces of the Infinite: Neoplatonism and Poetics at the Confluence of Africa, Asia and Europe
This is the third day of a three-day conference convened by the British Academy and SOAS. The Conference investigates the legacy of Neoplatonism in the poetry produced by the monotheist cultures of the greater Mediterranean. Papers will cover writings in Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Persian, Spanish and Turkish, from antiquity to the modern period.
- Muhammad Ali Foroughi and the Foundations of Iranian Aufklärung
Ramin Jahanbegloo, Jindal Global University, India
- The Future of the Iran Nuclear Accord (JCPOA) under the Trump Administration
Bahram Ghiassee, University of Surrey