- An encounter with Siavash Ardalan
Siavash Ardalan, journalist
- Peter Clark, in conversation with Wen-chin Ouyang
Peter Clark (Former British Council, author, explorer and lecturer on the Middle East) reveals what life was like in 1980s Abu Dhabi as the United Arab Emirates began its journey to become a world economic power, tourist destination and cultural hotspot.
- Rights Governmentality in Post-World War II Iran
Mohamad Tavakoli-Targhi, University of Toronto
- Sexual Politics through law in Iran: The narrative surrounding the 2013 bills
Anicee van Engeland, Centre for International Security and Resilience (CISR), Cranfield University
- The Curious Case of Çatalhöyük
Archaeology from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Çatalhöyük in Central Turkey
On until 15 December 2018
- Chase Arabic Poetry and Story Translation Workshops
Workshop: 2.30-5.30pm Keynes Library, Birkbeck, 43 Gordon Square
Public Lecture: 7pm SOAS Univeristy of London, Room 116 (Main Building)
- Experience Çatalhöyük Through Virtual Reality
Travel to the Neolithic period by Experiencing the Unesco World Heritage Site of Çatalhöyük
- Rakhshan Bani-Etemad and the Karestan Documentary Film Project: Screening and Q&A
Screenings of The Poets of Life and Puzzelys and Q&A with: Shirin Barghnavard (Director of The Poets of Life) and Mojtaba Mirtahmasb (Karestan Producer) and Rakhshan Bani-Etemad (Karestan Artistic Consultant).
- Modernisation and Spatial Transformation of Muharram Processions in Iran
Reza Masoudi Nejad, SOAS
- War Songs
James E. Montgomery, University of Cambridge
Event to mark the publication of the first English translation of War Songs by ‘Antarah ibn Shaddad.