- Arabic Poetry and Stories in Translation: 'Loss Sings' with James E. Montgomery and Marlé Hammond
Arabic Poetry and Stories in Translation
A series of workshops at Birkbeck and SOAS presented by Marina Warner and Wen-chin Ouyang
- Insight Day at SOAS
An invitation only event for prospective undergraduate students who have received an offer from SOAS
- Information session on planning PhD research and applying for research funding
Speaker: Prof Friederike Lüpke, Africa section, SLCL
- Dar Doordast...(Distant...)
A new documentary on Susan Taslimi by Mohammad Abdi. Followed by Q&A with Susan Taslimi and Mohammad Abdi.
- CHASE Arabic Poetry and Story Translation Workshop: "Tales of Delusion, Recognition and Redress" followed by "Five Phases of Recognition in Naguib Mahfouz"
Separate workshop and public event: see page for details
- Intimations of Immortality: An Evening of Persian Poetry
Poetry reading to coincide with THE SPARK IS YOU exhibition at Parasol unit