- Arabic Poetry and Stories in Translation: 'Loss Sings' with James E. Montgomery and Marlé Hammond
Arabic Poetry and Stories in Translation
A series of workshops at Birkbeck and SOAS presented by Marina Warner and Wen-chin Ouyang
- Information session on planning PhD research and applying for research funding
Speaker: Prof Friederike Lüpke, Africa section, SLCL
- Dar Doordast...(Distant...)
A new documentary on Susan Taslimi by Mohammad Abdi. Followed by Q&A with Susan Taslimi and Mohammad Abdi.
- CHASE Arabic Poetry and Story Translation Workshop: "Tales of Delusion, Recognition and Redress" followed by "Five Phases of Recognition in Naguib Mahfouz"
Separate workshop and public event: see page for details
- Wandering Kings and Travelling Tales in Borges
Speaker: Professor Dominique Jullien
OWRI Creative Multilingualism and ERC Multilingual Locals, Significant Geographies
- The Imaginary Futures of Arabic: ‘Ammiya in Egyptian Dystopian Fiction
Speaker: Tasnim Qutait (Uppsala/SOAS)
- Workshop: The Poetics of the Tale
Speakers: Yasmine Seale and Robert Irwin