This certificate is an introductory qualification in Hebrew and Israeli Studies.
Full-time students choose 4 units from the following:
- Intensive Modern Hebrew (2 units) OR Elementary Hebrew (a less intensive introduction to language)
- Introduction to Israeli culture
- History of Zionism
- Literatures of the Near and Middle East
For students with good prior knowledge of Modern Hebrew other combinations are possible, allowing the study of language and literature at a more advanced level.
Part-time students specialise more particularly in Modern Hebrew language and literature, for example, Intensive Modern Hebrew (2 units) in Year 1 and Intermediate Modern Hebrew and Introduction to Israeli Literature in Year 2 or Years 2 and 3.
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Mode of Attendance: Full-time or Part-time
- The minimum entry requirement is the ability to demonstrate the potential to study at undergraduate level. However, programmes may have their own specific requirements, such as, in the case of language-based studies, a proven ability to learn a language.
- One year full-time; Two or three years part-time