Writing and Preparing your Essay for Upload
Below are general notes on preparing your essay for upload to Moodle. Each one of these steps should be followed to ensure your essay will submit correctly and be marked in a timely fashion. All assignment submissions are marked anonymously.
A pdf version of this guide, including screenshots of the Moodle pages, is available in the 'Download' section to the right of this page.
- Log into Moodle, and go to the module page.
- Go to the relevant Turnitin submission point (i.e. AS1 / AS2). This will take you to the submission inbox.
- Click on the 'Submit Paper' icon.
- Complete the 'Submission Title' box. This must be the Assignment number (AS1 / AS2 etc) and the name of your tutor. IMPORTANT: All coursework is anonymously marked, so please DO NOT include your name or student number on the essay title page.
- Drag and drop your assignment into the dotted area, in either a pdf or word format. Once uploaded, the file will appear in the 'File to Submit' section.
- Once you are sure that you have selected the correct file, tick the box to confirm that you accept the statement: 'By checking this box, I confirm that this submission is my own work and I accept all responsibility for any copyright infringement that may occur as a result of this submission'.
- Click on the 'Add Submission' button to submit your assignment. You should then see the 'Uploading your submission to Turnitin' message.
- Once uploaded, you will see an upload confirmation message and a Digital Receipt.
- In the 'My Submissions' screen, you will see the date and time you uploaded your essay.
- You will receive an automatic receipt once your assignment has been successfully loaded.
- The Originality Report is usually created within 5-10 minutes of the paper being uploaded.
- If you wish to upload an updated version of your assignment, then please follow the steps above. This will replace the previous upload with the new file. NOTE: YOU CANNOT REPLACE AN UPLOADED ASSIGNMENT ONCE THE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION DATE AND TIME HAS PASSED
- Please ensure you submit the correct version of the assignment to the correct submission point.
If your tutor requests or if you have used non-standard fonts or characters (diacritics for example) in your essay, you should ALSO submit a .PDF version of your essay in ADDITION to your .DOC/.DOCX/.RTF version. To upload the two files when you make your submission simply click the Add Another File button after attaching your first file and browse to the additional file before submitting.