SOAS University of London

International Students

Information for Prospective Students from Pakistan

Pakistan Flag

Welcome to the country page for Pakistan, which contains specific information for Pakistani students interested in studying at SOAS.


Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4700

Minimum Entry Requirements

The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits with your academic qualifications, personal statement and your references all being considered carefully.


Applicants offering either ‘A’ levels or the IB Diploma will be considered in the same way as UK applicants. Please refer to the undergraduate admissions page for the minimum grades required for each subject. 

The Pakistan High School leaving certificate is not sufficient for entry to a SOAS undergraduate degree. However, the International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offers a preparatory year for international students seeking entry to undergraduate degrees at British universities. Details can be found at IFCELS.
Applications from students who have already completed a BA or BComm from a university in Pakistan will also be welcome; they should have gained at least a Division I (60% or above).

Information about how to apply can be found on the undergraduate admissions pages and on the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) website.


4 Year Bachelor Degree from the following institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.0 or 60%

3 Year Bachelor Degree followed by 1 Year Master's Degree from the following institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.0 or 60%

2 Year Bachelor Degree followed by 2 Year Master's Degree from the following institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.0 or 60%

Pakistan Institute of Engineering Sciences - Aga Khan University - Quaid-I-Azam University - National University of Sciences & Technology - Lahore University of Management Sciences - COMSATS - University of Karachi - University of the Punjab - University of Agriculture - University of Engineering & Technology - Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University - University of Health Sciences - University of Sindh - University of Peshawar - Lahore School of Economics

4 Year Bachelor Degree from any other NARIC/HEC approved institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.3 or 65%

3 Year Bachelor Degree followed by 1 Year Master's Degree from any other NARIC/HEC approved institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.3 or 65%

2 Year Bachelor Degree followed by 2 Year Master's Degree from any other NARIC/HEC approved institutions with a minimum First Division or CGPA 3.3 or 65% 

In addition, applicants should also refer to the individual programme entries in the Graduate Prospectus or postgraduate admissions pages, which may have additional requirements.

Applicants to MPhil/PhD programmes should have an excellent master’s degree, preferably from a UK university. Any other application will need to make a strong case and secure the approval of the Associate Dean for Research.

English Language Proficiency 

Applicants whose first language is not English must show that their level of English is sufficient to follow an academic programme in English. There is more information about English language requirements. For those students who do not quite meet the entry requirements, SOAS pre-sessional courses so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.

Foundation Courses

Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.

In-Country Representatives

SOAS works with the following educational representatives in Pakistan, many of whom have offices in the main cities. Contact them direct for further details. If you have any comments about these representatives please contact David Taylor-Tumilty.

Aspire Educational Consulting

Mahmood Centre, 2nd Floor
BC-11, Block-9 Clifton
Karachi - 75600
+92302 8208566 / +92 21 358681513


MM Alam Road
+92301 8379777


2nd Floor, Block 14
Super Market, F/6

HR Consultants

No.35, First Floor Beverly Centre,
PO Box 2166, Islamabad
Tel: 0092 51 2206451-2
Fax: 0092 51 2206453

Naseem Khan Consultancy

27 Main Mir Road
Upper Mall
Tel : 0092 (042) 35714062 - 0092 (0321) 4387512

Scholarships and funding

SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. For more information, please visit our scholarships and bursaries web pages.

The Charles Wallace Trust also offer awards specifically for students from Pakistan. Details can be found on the Wallace Trust website.

The Faculty of Arts and Humanities Masters has recently announced Scholarships for the study of MA Religions and MA History(Asia/ Africa) for overseas fee paying students. Further details can be found on the Tallow Chandlers scholarship page.
SOAS and the International Students House award the William Ross Murray Scholarship to students from developing countries who wish to study for an LLM. 

There are also a number of scholarships provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a full list please visit scholarships and bursaries.


If you would like to ask an alumnus/a of SOAS any questions then you can contact alumni from Pakistan who would be happy to advise you . Please see the SOAS Alumni website for contact details. 

Useful Links

  • The British Council is the British Government's international organisation for educational and cultural relations. This site provides information about the Council’s activities in over one hundred countries worldwide.
  • Education UK is produced by the British Council offers a wealth of advice and information for international students interested in studying for a UK course or qualification.
  • The UK Council for InternaUKVItional Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and immigration.
  • The Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made.
  • For official information on visas and immigration consult the UKVI website.