How to apply for Accommodation
SOAS students live in a range of housing all over the city and there are a variety of options for you to choose from to suit your particular needs. When you have decided on the option that is right for you, SOAS encourages you to begin your application as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
Students attending SOAS for postgraduate study will need to firmly accept their offer with SOAS in order to apply for our Hall accommodation.
Postgraduate students who have accepted an offer with us will receive an email from us from March 2019 onwards with details of their accommodation options and details on how to apply.
Last updated 01/03/2019
We have a range of halls available for postgraduate students at SOAS University of London, at a variety of prices. We have shared rooms, double studios, self contained studio rooms with their own kitchen and bathroom, catered halls and self catered halls where you share a kitchen and cook your own meals. All our halls are within close travelling distance to the main SOAS campus.
In our halls you will have a single occupancy, furnished study bedroom with either a single or small double bed. You will be sharing with other SOAS students and, in the case of the Intercollegiate halls with other students at the University of London. All halls have Wi-Fi internet and almost 90% have en suite bathrooms.
Living in halls is a great way to get to know other people and can be lots of fun. To enhance your student experience, you will normally share a mixed gender flat with other students from different backgrounds and courses. There is also a small female only hall of residence available called Goldsmiths House.
Sanctuary and Intercollegiate Halls are not available for continuing students (except in the case of some Disabled Students) a waiting list will operate later in the year if rooms are available after the allocation of new students. Please regularly check our accommodation pages for updates.
How do I apply for halls?
To make your application for a place in Student Halls you need to:
- Look through our web site and look at the options available for you, choose the accommodation that you would like to book. PLEASE NOTE: The Intercollegiate Halls (Garden Halls, Connaught Hall, International Hall and College Hall) allocation for SOAS is now full. There is no waiting list for these halls. Please select other accommodation from our portfolio listing second and third choices in the notes section of the form. There are vacancies at all other housing options.
- Make sure that you check out our new virtual tours on many of the halls pages which will help you to understand the options and what you get for your money.
- Click the link below and fill in your first choice.
- Please note you will require your SOAS student ID in order to apply for accommodation - this will be emailed to you once you have accepted your place at SOAS and are at FIRM status.
- Once the form is completed and submitted, depending on your choice, this will either send your details across to the hall who will then contact you or we will give you a reference code and web address to complete a full application.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email with the hall you have chosen and confirming what happens next or what you will need to do next.
- Please be aware - if you book a room (subject to availability) you will need to agree to the hall’s booking conditions and pay a rent payment at the time of the booking to secure your room. This cost will be between £231 up to £400 depending on the hall.