Our role is to understand the vision and strategic priorities of the School and to apply this to the provision of expert knowledge of external funding, business planning and the national policy environment.
Given the changing HE environment, the role of Planning is critical in supporting the School to make informed decisions to ensure its continued academic and financial sustainability.
Planning works with senior leadership and staff in Academic Departments and Professional Services directorates to provide a data-driven approach to understanding our current operations and opportunities for improvement. This assists in decision-making to ensure that SOAS continues to offer value for its students and staff.
Key responsibilities of Planning include:
- Collating all student-related data returns to external regulatory bodies
- Playing a key role in compiling the School’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) submissions to the Office for Students
- Developing and implementing a planning framework across the School that is aligned to the SOAS strategy
- Providing robust, relevant and reliable management information and analysis to inform decision making within the School
- Providing business partnering support to academic departments. As part of this we are working closely with Finance and HR business partners, as well as other professional services colleagues who have a client-facing role, to develop a more integrated and data-driven approach to strategic and operational planning.