Paying your tuition fees by instalment
If you are a Master's or Doctoral (PhD Research) student and you are taking out a Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance then please read our Postgraduate Loans webpage first as the information below will not apply to you.
If you are a self-funding student taking an on-campus degree programme, you can pay your tuition fees in two equal instalments.
These are the terms and conditions:
- 50% of the tuition fees will need to be paid before or at enrolment in September (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct £1,000 from this first instalment payment).
- You will then need to pay the remaining 50% of the tuition fees by the 15 February 2019. Please note that if you have not paid in full by this date you will lose access to SOAS facilities.
- You can only pay by instalment if your total annual tuition fee is more than £1500.
- You will have to register a debit or credit card as a guarantee for your second instalment
- We will not charge the card if we have already received your payment by the second instalment deadline.
Once you have read and agreed with the above Terms and Conditions, you must register your card.
If you have any questions, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay your instalments by debit or credit card through SOAS Web Payments.
- On the payments page click ‘Edit’.
- From the drop-down menu, pick the year of study you are paying for (eg, ‘2018/19 tuition fees’).
- Amount to pay: enter 50% of your annual tuition fees (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct £1,000 from this first instalment payment).
- Proceed to pay.
Pay your instalments by international bank transfer
Please make sure you pay in GBP to make sure we receive the right amount.
The first payment will need to cover 50% of your tuition fees (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct £1,000 from this first instalment payment).
If you pay by bank transfer from a non-UK bank, your bank may make additional charges – please make sure you budget for this.
If you pay through StudentPay you will be able to request the correct amount in GBP.