Tuition fees 2022/23 research
Fees are payable in full at enrolment and should be paid in pounds sterling (GBP). A fee payment by instalment option is available to self-funding students undertaking on-campus degree programmes.
Please note that the fees below are for this academic year only. The fees go up each year therefore your tuition fee in your second and subsequent years of study will be higher. Our continuing students, on the same degree programme, are protected from annual increases higher than 5%.
Some fee rates for students who enrolled on their degrees before 2020/21 are different. Continuing students on the same degree programme are protected from annual increases higher than 5% - please see the Protected Fee Schedule 2020/21
The Government has guaranteed EU fee status students, both those that returned and those started in 2019/20 and 2020/21, that their tuition fees will remain at the Home/EU level for the duration of their programme of study at SOAS.
However, new students starting in and from September 2021 that have EU status will be classified as Overseas.
Students who are formally sponsored or funded by educational loans should provide evidence of funding for the relevant year before enrolment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctoral researchers who have a second viva exam, after completing major corrections, are charged a re-examination fee. This is currently £300. Current students will be protected from any future increases, but the rate may be higher for those beginning their studies in 2021 and beyond.
- Continuing research students should refer to the protected fee schedule
- Fieldwork is charged at the equivalent Full-time/Part-time rate.
- Extension of Enrolment is only granted exceptionally; if you believe you need to apply contact the Doctoral School.
|Home students||Overseas students|
Please direct any queries to email@example.com
Tuition fees for previous years of entry
- Tuition fees research 2021/22
- Tuition fees research 2020/21
- Tuition fees research 2019/20
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2018/19
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2017/18
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2016/17
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2015/16
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2014/15
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2013/14
- Tuition fees postgraduate 2012/13