HSBC Undergraduate Awards at SOAS
Deadline: 31 May 2017
HSBC and SOAS have partnered together to provide two generous awards, beginning in the academic year 2017-18 for students studying the four-year BA Chinese (Modern & Classical) degree programme.
The awards are designed for students who demonstrate excellent academic achievement and potential but need financial assistance to help them study at degree level.
Two awards with a value of £40,000 over the duration of the degree.
For each year of study; £10,000 will be paid towards tuition fees in the first instance, with the remainder paid to the award holder as a bursary towards living costs.
You will need to make an online application, comprising of a short statement of motivation to study Chinese at SOAS and declaration of eligibility for the Award, in line with the criteria below.
We will consider this along with your application for means-tested support from your funding authority via www.gov.uk/student-finance. When you make your application for student support, you must ensure you give consent for your information to be shared with us. If your parents are submitting their financial information, they must also ensure they give their consent. This will allow us to view your details on a portal at the Student Finance website. The portal will only provide the information we need to assess your entitlement to an Award.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form
- Scholarship Applications must be received no later than 13:00 (UK local time) on 31 May 2017.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Selection of provisional candidates is planned to take place in June/July and will be notified subject to A-Level and other results. Successful candidates will be notified once A-Level results are announced in August 2017.
- You must demonstrate a passion for the study of Chinese at SOAS
- You must have attended a state school, 6th form or FE college in the UK
- You must meet or exceed academic entry criteria
- You must accept SOAS' offer of a place on the BA Chinese (Modern & Classical) firmly by the relevant UCAS deadline
- You must be undertaking your first undergraduate degree (students who currently hold a degree or who are transferring from another Higher Education degree will not be eligible)
- You must ordinarily be resident in England
- Your household income must be less than £25,000 as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE)
If you have any questions about this award then please contact the Student Loans and Bursaries Officer: email@example.com.