Bishwa Bangla Scholarships at SOAS
Deadline: 20 February 2019
Thanks to the generosity of the Government of West Bengal we are delighted to announce the availability of Bishwa Bangla Scholarships at SOAS for entry in September 2019. There are two Bishwa Bangla scholarships available for masters degree programmes.
Bishwa Bangla Scholarships are applicants who are ordinarily resident in the State of West Bengal, India.
The total value of the Bishwa Bangla scholarships for the year 2019-20 is £38,001.
The Masters scholarships are for one year only.
- MA South Asian Area Studies (1 year full-time).
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- New admissions only.
- Must be ordinarily resident in West Bengal, India.
- Must be eligible to pay fees at the overseas rate.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time MA South Asian Area Studies by the scholarship application deadline, 16:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2019.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2019. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 16:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2019.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2019). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time MA South Asian Area Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2019).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 16:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2019.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which will open HERE on 23 January 2019.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Department:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091