SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
Deadline: 31 January 2019
The SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship is designed to award new postgraduate students starting in September 2019 with a first-class academic performance.
Type of award and value
Fee reduction of £3,000 towards tuition fees
Number of awards available
There are limited number of scholarships available, these are listed against the country in the table below
Eligibility and award criteria
- Have a UK first-class honours degree (1st) or the international equivalent, (You are also required to have met the intended programme entry criteria, this may include a specific subject, i.e. Economics, Law etc before starting programme in September 2019.
- A 250-word supporting statement with your Masters programme application.
- Be a national from the countries listed below
- Be classified as overseas for fee purposes
- Be self-financing
- Have accepted an offer to study an eligible Masters campus taught programme at SOAS University of London, (please note Distance Learning or Online programmes are ineligible for this award).
- If you have applied for another scholarship or award to study at SOAS, the higher amount will be awarded.
|Country / Nationality||Number of awards||International equivalent of UK first-class honours degree|
|Canada||2||3.7/4,4/4.3, 8/9, 10/12, A, 83%|
|Ethiopia||2||Masters with excellent grades (A or 3.5/4)|
|Ghana||2||Minimum 70%, or 3.5/4|
|Nigeria||2||Minimum 70%, or 3.5/4, 4.5/5, 6/7|
|Pakistan||5||CGPA 3.3 or 70%|
|South Africa||2||A four year bachelors degree with a minimum of 75%|
|Taiwan||2||Minimum 85% or GPA 3.8/4|
|USA||5||3.7 - 4.0|
How to apply for the SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship?
There is no separate application required. Applicants should apply for the programme in the usual way and upload a 250 word supporting statement as part of the application for the Masters programme in the "scholarships section". (This is in addition to the normal 1,000 word supporting statement required for the master's programme application).
Applications are shortlisted by a Selection Committee of at least three members.
Notification of Scholarship Award
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2019. (The offer will outline the conditions required to be met).