Kamran Djam Scholarships
Deadline: 2 May 2022
Thanks to the generosity of the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust there are a number of Kamran Djam scholarships available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students, normally providing a contribution towards fees. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA Iranian Studies is paid for one year (or two years if part-time). The MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian for two years (or four years if part-time). The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2022/23, studying BA Persian.
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2022/23, studying BA Persian and another subject.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2022/23.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian starting in 2022/23.
- Full-time MPhil/PhD (new admissions only, starting in September 2022) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2022/23.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships must expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MA Scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies/ MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline - 2 May 2022
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2022. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at degree results, academic references, statement of intent and full research proposal (for MPhil/PhD applicants), and other relevant information.
Notification of results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 23:59 (UK local time) on 2 May 2022.
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, you must also submit a complete online application to your programme. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the Scholarship Selection panel meet. It is therefore recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarships deadline (that is, by 21 March 2022).
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship application procedures
Applicants should follow the following steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
- To apply for a Master's programme, please see Taught Masters applications
- To apply for a Research programme, please visit our Doctoral school
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 2 May 2022.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form
Applicants for the BA scholarships only: In addition to the on-line scholarship application form, you will also need two references. Please add these details to the scholarship application form.
For enquiries, please:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: +44 (0)20 7074 5106