Christopher Davis Award
Deadline: 12 December 2017
There is one Christopher Davis Award of approximately $10,000* (*the amount in GBP will be confirmed when the donation is received as this may vary depending on the exchange rates). The award will be paid in instalments, the last one will be disbursed once the applicant’s supervisor informs the Scholarships Office that the thesis is complete.
- Research Degree: Anthropology & Sociology at SOAS
- Applicants may be of any nationality and in need of the bursary to fund completion of their thesis.
- The award is for full-time PhD students who will submit the thesis by the end of the academic session 2017/18. It is expected that the student who gets awarded this bursary will be enrolled on Extension of Writing up (continuation) status during the academic session 2017/18. Students on Extension of Writing-up status are required to submit the thesis for examination within a maximum of three terms or within the students prescribed SOAS deadline (whichever is sooner).
- Candidates will be assessed based on a combination of financial need and academic merit.
- Selection will be made by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Complete scholarship applications must be received no later than 5 pm (UK time) on Tuesday, 12 December 2017.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by mid-February. If you have not heard from us by mid-February, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application form is be available for download from the download box at the top right of this page.
For enquiries, please contact:
Telephone: (+44) 020 7074 5094/5091