Ouseley Memorial Scholarships
Deadline: 7 May 2020
The Ouseley Memorial Scholarships bequest was made to the University in 1891 to encourage the study of "Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages".
For 2020-21, there is a budget of £9,214 for these scholarships to be used by full time or part time SOAS doctoral students. The scholarships are for students entering the second or third year of the MPhil/PhD programme in 2020-21 (or part time equivalent). The Ouseley Memorial scholarships may be used towards tuition fees or living expenses.
- Any full-time or part time research degree programme which involves research that requires the use of any Middle Eastern or Asian language.
- Only those ALREADY ENROLLED on a research degree programme at SOAS are eligible to apply. Ouseley Scholarships are for current SOAS doctoral students who will be enrolled on year 2 or year 3 of a PhD degree in 2020-21 (or part time equivalent)
- Open to Overseas and Home/EU fee paying applicants.
- Students who have a full scholarship (ie one that covers maintenance and fees) are not eligible to apply for an Ouseley Memorial Scholarship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members, one from each Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and your reference.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Ouseley Memorial Scholarship applications and references must be received no later than 15:00 (UK local time) on 7 May 2020.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form which will become available HERE on 23 January 2020.
Please ask your referee to complete the reference form available to download from the top right hand corner of this page which will become available on 23 January 2020.
For enquiries, please:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091