Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award
Deadline: 31 January 2019
Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award is designed to reward and inspire excellence in global citizenship including inclusivity, leadership, social responsibility, innovation in solving complex local and global challenges.
Number of awards available
Scholars within the programme will benefit from a wide range of academic, financial and personal support including:
- £3,500 cash award
- £750 for academic self-development, i.e. giving a paper at a conference
- An opportunity to mentor undergraduate students
- There will be other additional benefits for the cohort through network events and career advice.
Eligibility for scholarship
- Applicable for 2019 entry Taught Masters programmes only. Please note Distance Learning or Online programmes are ineligible for this award.
- Submission of a 500-word essay on a project you have undertaken to demonstrate a positive impact at a local or global level - you may wish to include photos and/or a video to support your essay. Please ensure you include your name, programme and application ID number in the essay.
- Have accepted an offer to study an on-campus Masters programme at SOAS University of London.
- Be self-financing.
- If you have applied for another scholarship or award to study at SOAS, the higher amount will be awarded. (e.g. someone who has been awarded an ESRC scholarship or a SOAS Masters scholarship)
How to apply for the postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award?
The deadline for this has now past.
Applications are shortlisted by a Selection Committee of at least 3 members
Notification of Scholarship Award
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 May 2019 (The offer will outline the conditions required to be met).
For enquiries, please:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 4700