SOAS Master's Scholarships
Deadline: 30 April 2021
The SOAS Masters Scholarships are designed to recognise applicants with outstanding academic achievements. There are 44 SOAS Masters scholarships available at SOAS. Each scholarship is valued at £4,000 in total. and acts as a fee waiver.
Number of scholarships for each Department
- Anthropology and Sociology = 4
- School of Arts = 4
- Development Studies = 4
- East Asian Languages and Cultures = 4
- Economics = 4
- Finance & Management = 4
- History, Religions and Philosophies = 4
- Gender Studies = 2
- Global Media and Communications = 2
- Languages, Cultures and Linguistics = 4
- School of Law = 4
- Politics & International Studies = 4
- UK 'Home fees' applicants only.
- Holding offer (conditional or unconditional) for full-time Postgraduate Taught (on campus) programmes - part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Assessed on academic merit and work experience.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received by midnight (UK time) on 30 April 2021.
- Applications usually take 2-4 weeks to process, but some can take up to 6 weeks during busy periods. We therefore recommend you apply for your programme by 15 March 2021 to ensure you have an offer by the 30 April 2021 scholarship deadline.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Application Procedures
- STEP 1: Apply for your degree programme.
Applicants must submit a complete online application for admission.
- STEP 2: Receive a Conditional or Unconditional offer for your programme.
- STEP 3: Apply for the SOAS Masters Scholarship via the online application form by 30 April 2021.
Notification of Results
- Successful candidates with an offer to study at SOAS will be notified by 30 June 2021.
- We aim to notify all applicants of the outcome of their application by 31 July 2021.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants will be selected based on academic merit and relevant work experience.
- Amount will be deducted from your Postgraduate degree fees.
- Amount cannot be used towards any Pre-sessional English programme.
- Scholarship cannot be comined with any other major scholarship or studentship: applicants can apply for multiple scholarships, but can only accept one in the event they are successful in more than one application.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your online application for your Postgraduate programme of study. The selection committee will be looking at the degree results, references, personal statement, work experience, and other relevant information.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a 12 months full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091