The Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer Scholarship
Deadline: 30 April 2021
The Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer have generously provided SOAS with a scholarship for students enrolled in an eligible Master’s degree programme. The total budget available is a maximum of £10,000 for 2021-22.
The scholarship is for full-time or part-time students. The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships. However, please be aware that all financial support secured before 30 April 2021 must be declared in your application. Any awards held will be taken into consideration on assessment of financial need.
- Any Full-time or Part-time Taught Masters Programmes
The Scholarship will be awarded to a student whose dissertation will research the oil and edible fats industries. Examples include the environmental impact of palm oil, biodiesel and sustainability or the commodities trading of oils and fats.
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants. Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit and commitment to furthering knowledge of the edible oils and fats industry.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 15:00 (UK local time) on 30 April 2021.
- New applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2021): You must also submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June, and all applicants will be notified with the outcome of their application by the end of July.
Scholarship Application Procedures
Applicants should follow the following steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for the scholarship by 15:00 (UK local time) on 30 April 2021. Applicants must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application which will open in February 2021.
- STEP 2: Apply for the programme
In addition to the online scholarship application, new applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2021), must submit a complete online application for admission. Applicants must have an offer of admission at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application together with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline.
For enquiries, please:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091/5094
If you have any questions about the scholarship application form and the scholarship application process, please contact the Scholarships office.