About SOAS Research Online
SOAS Research Online is a free, publicly accessible repository of the research outputs of the School of Oriental and African Studies. The repository contains both full text papers and metadata only records of research carried out by SOAS staff members.
SOAS staff members only may add research materials to the repository. If you are a SOAS staff member please login using your SOAS staff ID and password to start uploading your research.
Most publishers allow authors to deposit postprints (final draft version of a paper) in an open access repository. The SHERPA/ROMEO website provides an updated list of publisher's copyright and archiving policies.
The repository is easy to use and there are several options to store the full text of your research without making it publicly available. Lists of publications in the repository will be generated daily and published on staff web pages.
Benefits for researchers of depositing research publications
- Wider access:
- Your research will be available free of charge to researchers on a worldwide basis who do not have easy access to subscription journals.
- Your research will be indexed on Google and will be visible to many more users.
- Impact: More users will integrate and cite research from SOAS.
- Funding body compliance: Research funding bodies are advocating the use of institutional repositories to improve access to research. Details of research funders’ open access policies can be found at the SHERPA/JULIET website.
- Organisation: Researchers and administrators at SOAS and in the wider academic community will be able to find, use, and track your research effectively.
- Preservation: Your research papers are managed, stored and backed up centrally.
- Statistics: You will be able to find out how many times your research has been downloaded.