Explore the library
- Use of the databases is for academic research, study and teaching only.
- The databases may not be used for commercial research. Students on work placements may not use the databases subscribed to by SOAS for work of significant benefit to their employer.
- Copyright regulations must be observed at all times. You may not download whole issues of journals or multiple copies of journal articles from full text databases (e.g. JSTOR and EBSCOhost).
- All library members (including day members) may have access to some databases if the license allows.
- Only SOAS students and staff are entitled off-campus use of electronic resources.
General Licence conditions (CHEST) - covers many of the databases subscribed to by SOAS.
Electronic copyright - Report on fair dealing in an electronic environment, jointly produced by the Publishers Association and JISC in 1997.