Available only to SOAS students and staff from computers off-site using a SOAS id and password.
Westlaw China is a database containing comprehensive laws, regulations, cases and carefully selected legal journals of the People's Republic of China. It can be searched in English or Chinese.
- Fully consolidated laws and regulations promulgated at central, provincial, municipality and autonomous region levels since 1949
- Cases from the Supreme People’s Court
- Cases from local courts in 31 provinces, municipalities directly under the Central Government and autonomous regions
- Cases from special courts such as maritime courts
- Articles are provided by leading law (and accounting) firms, senior lawyers and judges, as well as
- other professionals
- Bilingual reference guide for legal terms in Chinese laws and regulations
- Indexed alphabetically in the English and according to the Pinyin of the Chinese
- Legal terms are classified into twenty-one subjects covering all key legal subjects
Daily updated legal news, adopted legislation, proposed legislation, courts and cases, government policies, statistics, commentaries, law firm bulletin and books & journals
Alert service allows subscription to Chinese, English, or bilingual version of information according to various news topics