Support for SOAS academic staff
The Research Office supports externally funded research activity at SOAS by:
- disseminating information about research funding opportunities
- giving support to academic staff making external research grant applications
- costing projects and advising on funders’ terms and conditions
- managing the funds of awarded grants
- servicing the School’s Research Committee
- administering the School’s research ethics policies and procedures
- co-ordinating the School’s submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
All applications for external research funding must be submitted through the Research Office. Please see our How do I apply? page for more information.
If you are considering making an application please contact the Research Funding Officer for your department at least six weeks in advance of the submission deadline.
Politics and International Studies; History, Religions, & Philosophies; School of Arts
020 7898 4659
Languages, Cultures and Linguistics; Finance and Management; Anthropology and Sociology
020 7898 4703
Economics; Interdisciplinary Studies; Development Studies
020 7898 4022
Law, South Asia Institute, China Institute, East Asian Languages
020 7898 4118
Research Development Manager
020 7898 4529
020 7898 4714
Inessa Hadjivayanis/Michelle Wuisan
020 7898 4052/4834
The Research Office team can be found on the first floor of the Main Building in Room R101.