Support for SOAS academic staff
The Research Office supports externally funded research activity at SOAS by:
- disseminating information about research funding opportunities
- giving support to academic staff making external research grant applications
- costing projects and advising on funders’ terms and conditions
- managing the funds of awarded grants
- servicing the School’s Research Committee
- administering the School’s research ethics policies and procedures
- co-ordinating the School’s submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
All applications for external research funding must be submitted through the Research Office. Please see Research Funding Manual (pdf; 567kb) for more information.
If you are considering making an application please contact the Research Funding Officer for your Faculty at least six weeks in advance of the submission deadline.
Arts & Humanities
020 7898 4659
Languages & Cultures
020 7898 4703
Law & Social Sciences
020 7898 4022
Centres & Institutes
020 7898 4118
Research Development Manager
020 7898 4529
Inessa Hadjivayanis/Aminah Lawman
020 7898 4052/4834
The Research Office team can be found on the first floor of the Main Building in Room R101.