Worktribe at SOAS
SOAS has invested in the Worktribe Research Management system to develop and improve the services provided by the Research Office to staff applying for funding opportunities.
Worktribe is designed to help manage the institutional grant application process for externally funded research. It makes it easier for our academics and research staff to work closely with the Research Office to create comprehensive applications, which can then be reviewed and approved quickly and efficiently. Worktribe was introduced across the institution between May and August 2017. All applications for external research are now managed and approved through Worktribe.
For more information, including user guides, key information and frequently asked questions, please view these MySOAS pages (SOAS username and password required).
Benefits to academics:
- one online space managing application development, budgets, departmental approval, ethical approval and peer review
- easier budget creation and more control/visibility of budgets
- visibility and accountability of internal application approvals
Benefits to Heads of Departments and key decision makers:
- full view of the project (including budget) from bid development to award acceptance stage
- simple approval process for all applications which involve their department
- visibility of all projects in their department from the point of creation through to award
Benefits to the University:
- accurate research application and award data collected and provided to managers and academics
- improved funding applications services to our academics
- gathering valuable data in preparation for REF 2020/21