Deadline: 2 May 2022
The Centre of Buddhist Studies is pleased to offer a Xia Jing Shan/SOAS Postgraduate Bursary in Buddhist Studies to be held at SOAS, University of London.
The total value of the scholarship is £5,000 for one year only for full-time programme, providing a contribution towards fees. If the successful candidate receives a grant to cover fees from another funding body, the bursary can be used towards maintenance.
Applications are invited from outstanding students of Buddhism, regardless of nationality.
- Full-time MA Buddhist Studies.
- New admissions only (programmes starting in September 2022).
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas candidates.
- New Scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admission by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications
Candidates will be assed on academic merit by the Selection Panel. The centre reserves the right not to make an award in the event that no suitable application is received
The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application for admission. Selectors will be looking at academic references, degree results, statement, CV, and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received by 23:59 (UK local time) on 02 May 2022.
- Applicants must submit an application for your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for this scholarship in order to be considered. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the scholarship panel meet. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 21 March 2022).
- Late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful applicants with an offer to study at SOAS will be notified by the end of July 2022. If you have not heard from us by then, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
There is a two-step procedure:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Guidance on applying for Postgraduate Admissions and information on what makes an application can be found here for How to Apply.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on May 2022
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form.
For academic enquiries:
Dr Lucia Dolce – email@example.com
For scholarship enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5106