SOAS Master's Scholarships
Deadline: 2 May 2022
The SOAS Masters Scholarships are designed to recognise applicants with outstanding academic achievements.
Each scholarship is valued at £4,000 in total. and acts as a fee waiver.
Scholarships for each Department
- Anthropology and Sociology
- School of Arts
- Development Studies
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Finance & Management
- History, Religions and Philosophies
- Gender Studies
- Global Media and Communications
- Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
- School of Law
- Politics & International Studies
- UK 'Home fees' applicants only.
- Holding offer (conditional or unconditional) for full-time Postgraduate Taught (on campus) programmes - part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Assessed on academic merit and work experience.
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received by 23:59 (UK local time) on 02 May 2022.
- Applicants must submit an application for your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for this scholarship in order to be considered. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to hold an offer for your programme by the time the scholarship panel meet. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 21 March 2022).
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful applicants with an offer to study at SOAS will be notified by the end of July 2022. If you have not heard from us by then, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
There is a two-step procedure:
- STEP 1: Apply for your degree programme
Guidance on applying for Postgraduate Admissions and information on what makes an application can be found here How to Apply
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 2 May 2022.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form
Terms and conditions
- Applicants will be selected based on academic merit and relevant work experience.
- Amount will be deducted from your Postgraduate degree fees.
- Amount cannot be used towards any Pre-sessional English programme.
- Scholarship cannot be combined with any other major scholarship or studentship: applicants can apply for multiple scholarships, but can only accept one in the event they are successful in more than one application.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your online application for your Postgraduate programme of study. The selection committee will be looking at the degree results, references, personal statement, work experience, and other relevant information.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a 12 months full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5106