The main SOAS campus at Russell Square is placed centrally in the Bloomsbury area of London, close to Russell Square, the British Museum, Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road.
Getting to SOAS by Tube/Train
The following stations are all within walking distance to the Russell Square campus:
- Russell Square (Piccadilly Line)
- Goodge Street (Northern Line)
- Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern Lines)
- Euston (Victoria and Northern Lines & Mainline trains)
- Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines)
- Kings Cross St Pancras (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Piccadilly and Victoria Lines, & Mainline, Thameslink and Eurostar trains)
- Warren Street (Victoria and Northern Lines)
Getting to SOAS by Bus
The following buses serve the local area: numbers 7, 68, 91, 168 and 188 stop on Russell Square; 10, 24, 29, 73 and 134 stop on Tottenham Court Road (north bound) or Gower Street (south bound).
Getting to SOAS by Road
SOAS is within the Congestion Charge Zone and the Ultra Low Emission Zone.
London’s new Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ) will be in effect from Monday 8th April 2019. This will involve a daily charge for vehicles wishing to enter the zone, which don’t meet strict emissions standards. SOAS buildings fall within the ULEZ and will benefit from improved air quality as a result of reduced exhaust NOx and PM emissions.
For more information on ULEZ and to check if your vehicle will be affected, visit https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone
For more information on the benefits of walking, cycling, and public transport as a SOAS staff member please visit https://www.bloomsburygreenthing.com/sustainable-travel
There is no general parking at the Russell Square campus but there are car parks at:
- Brunswick Square NCP, Marchmont Street, WC1N 1AF
- The Royal National Hotel, 38-51 Bedford Way, WC1H ODG
- Russell Court NCP, Woburn Place, WC1H 0ND
- Judd Street NCP, Judd Street, WC1H 9QR.
- There are also pay and display bays on Russell Square and on other surrounding streets
- Blue Badge parking bays near Russell Square
- There are two Blue Badge bays at the Russell Square Campus (entrance on Malet Street) which are first come first served, if you are a Blue Badge holder you can also reserve one of two other bays from Senate House - a minimum of 48 working hours is required, make, registration number and time of arrival are needed too. Bays will only be held for 30 minutes from the time requested by the user. Please note that the more notice the better as with only two spaces it is not always possible to accommodate requests. Contact Sian Jones firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
It is easy to get London Black Cabs to and from Russell Square.
There are motorcycle parking bays around Russell Square.
There are bike racks at the Russell Square.
Getting to SOAS by Plane
Directions from Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Heathrow Airport and Russell Square are both on the Piccadilly Tube Line (approximately 45 minutes), there is also the Heathrow Express train service which runs to Paddington, from Paddington you can get the Circle or Hammersmith & City Lines to Euston Square.
Directions from Gatwick Airport (LGW)
From Gatwick trains run into Victoria Station (approximately 30 minutes) then take the Victoria Line to Warren Street or King's Cross/St Pancras.
Directions from London City Airport (LCY)
From City Airport take the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) to Bank, from there take the tube (Central Line) to Holborn or Tottenham Court Road.
Directions from Stanstead Airport (STN)
The Stanstead Express train service goes to Liverpool Street, from there take the tube (Central Line) to Holborn or Tottenham Court Road.
Directions from Luton Airport (LTN)
Trains from Luton Airport arrive at King's Cross Thameslink or St Pancras.