School of Arts Events
- Artists' talk series - Fathi Hassan in Conversation with Najlaa El-Ageli
The event is a conversation, in Arabic with simultaneous translation, between the Artist Fathi Hassan and curator Najlaa El-Ageli about Fathi’s practice over three decades and across various localities in North Africa and Europe.
- The külliyye of Mehmed Ali Pasha (r.1805-1848) in Kavala, Greece
Professor Khalid Fahmy, FBA, Sultan Qaboos Bin Saʿid Professor of Modern Arabic Studies, Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Fellow, King’s College, University of Cambridge
- School of Arts public event - Dr Gus Casely-Hayford lecture 'Making a Museum'
Dr Gus Casely-Hayford
In his inaugural event as SOAS School of Arts Professor of Practice, Dr Gus Casely-Hayford OBE offers unique insight into the making of London’s major new museum and research centre, V&A East.
- The Art of Olfaction: Incense and Incense Burners in Medieval Islamic Society (7th-15th Centuries)
Dr Sterenn Le Maguer-Gillon, Archaeologist, Lecturer at Institut Catholique de Paris, France
- The Mosaics in the Prayer-hall of the Great Mosque of Damascus
Dr Beatrice Leal, Honorary Lecturer, Department of Art History and World Art Studies, University of East Anglia, Norwich