SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information the Institute on email@example.com
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Artist Talks: Zarina Bhimji
- Early Buddhists in Upper Mustang, Nepal: 400-650 CE
Prof Mark Aldenderfer (University of Califonia Merced)
- Creating ‘Yogi and Ghat’: A Baithak in Classical Music with Barnali Chattopadhyay
Barnali Chattopadhyay, Sanju Sahai (SOAS) and Sunil Jadhav (Royal School of Music)
- The 1947 Partition Archive
Kamaldeep Singh Sandhu (KCL)
- Liturgical Redaction and Doctrinal Differentiation in the Newar Buddhist Suvarṇakumāravivāhavidhis
Prof Christoph Emmrich (Toronto)
- Vernacular Sexologies: Santram BA and Translations of the Erotic
Charu Gupta (University of Delhi)
- The Belt & Road Initiative: International Responses
This conference is designed to examine how this flagship foreign policy initiative of President Xi Jinping is affecting the key regions in the world along both the Silk Road Economic Belt and the Maritime Silk Road, and how countries thus affected are responding.