SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information the Institute on email@example.com
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- After Coal: Indigenous mining and life outside neoliberal extractivism in India's northeastern borderlands.
Bengt G. Karlsson (Stockholm University)
- Critical Lives of Rabindranath Tagore
- Land Use Planning, Dispossession and Contestation in Western India
Kenneth Bo Nielsen
- SSAI International Women’s Day Concert: AKHTARI – the Musical
Chandra Chakraborty (singer-actor), Kiran Thakrar (keyboard), Hamit Walia (tabla), Indrani Dutta (Kathak dance), Satarupa Ghosh (actor)
- Recent Advances in the Study of Old Tibetan Dunhuang documents
Prof. Brandon Dotson (Georgetown University), Dr. Zhu Lishuang (Lanzhou University), Dr. Guru Kyab (Minzu University of China), Dr. Shao Mingyuan (Sun Yat-sen University)
- In the Wake of Disaster
Dr Ayesha Siddiqi
- Climate signals, floods, droughts and famine in South Asia from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century
Vinita Damodaran (Univ. of Sussex)
- SSAI Sanglaap International Women’s Day: Music, Dance and Language in Arksh, Ashtaleela and Ardhanareeswara
Prachi Saathi and Namrata Mehta (ICCR, India)