SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information the Institute on email@example.com
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Contested Spaces: Epistemic (A)Symmetries, Mobilities, Identities
SOAS University of London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, present their first joint Symposium on the theme of 'Decolonising Knowledge'.
- Hooghly: The Global History of a River
- The role and vision of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in the making of the Bangladesh nation state
Prof. Rehman Sobhan, Chairman (Centre for Policy Dialogue)
- We’re Here Because You Were There: Immigration and the End of Empire
Ian Sanjay Patel
- Re-envisioning Pakistan
Syed Shamoon Hashmi
- Midnight's Borders: A People's History of Modern India