SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information the Institute on email@example.com
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Flying Blind: India's Quest for Global Leadership
- GUJARAT, CRADLE AND HARBINGER OF IDENTITY POLITICS
Ghanshyam Shah (via weblink) and Jan Breman
- Culinary Tales From Balochistan
Nilofer Afridi Qazi
- SOAS Library Exhibition: Gallery Walk and Talk
Dr Sanjukta Ghosh (SSAI) and Nazes Afroz
- Celebrating 50 years of Gay pride in Britain / A special SOAS event celebrating African, Asian and Middle Eastern contributions to Queer London
Exploring key sites of importance from protest spaces, parties and meeting spaces and their spiritual, psychological, emotional value to Queer London.
- Ambedkar in America
- Why Do People Oppose Nuclear Power Projects in India: The Story of Protest Movements at Jaitapur and Kudankulam
Dr Ajmal Khan A.T, (Charles Wallace India Fellow SOAS, 2021/22)
- SSAI Commemorative Conference: Narratives of Refugee Memories and Resettlements
You are cordially invited to join us for the SOAS Library Exhibition and a Commemorative Conference on Narratives of Refugee Memories and Resettlements
- The Crises of India’s Democracy