Elaine's Ph.D. project revisits the productions, representations and consumptions of transnational South Korean stars in Chinese TV dramas from 2000 to 2016. Their industrial, geo-political and cultural meanings to the changing mediascape in China are interrogated. She also writes on other related topics including film and TV drama co-productions between China and Korea, as well as Korean government's cultural policies in Hong Kong. Elaine is also an experienced interpreter in various Korean cultural festivals.
- "China-Korea TV Drama Co-production: International Romance and Multicultural Discourse" in McFarland Collections on Korean Dramas (Forthcoming).
- "Cross-border Romance: The Multicultural Potential of Chinese-Korean Co-production Films." Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Conference. Seongkonghoe University, Seoul, South Korea. 28-30 July 2017.
- "Inter-Asian Flow of Film Styles: The Case of Mainland Chinese Co-Remakes of Korean Comedies." The Poetics of Asian Cinemas, 12th ACSS Conference. Lancaster University, United Kingdom. 10-12 July 2017.
- "Chinese Localization of Korean Film Noir: The Role of Korean Cinema in Building Chinese Soft Power." Cinema, Soft Power and Geo-Political Change. Carriageworks Theatre, Leeds, United Kingdom. 19-21 June 2017 (funded by the University of Leeds).
- Inter-Asian Cultural Studies Society
- Asian Cinema Studies Society