- Mr Shafi Fazaluddin
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Conciliation (Sulh) in the Qur'an
- Year of Study:
Shafi Fazaluddin is a doctoral researcher specialising in the study of ‘Conciliation in the Qur'an’. His current research builds on his previously published research on ‘Conciliation Ethics in the Qur'an’, and examines subjects such as Conciliation in Islamic Law, Conciliation and Conflict, and the ethical Qur’anic notion of Iḥsān.
In June 2018, Shafi advised the BBC on the depiction of Muslims / Muslim characters for prime time television.
Shafi is a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, and was previously employed for 18 years at leading institutions in the City of London’s legal and financial sectors.
- Conciliation Ethics in the Qur'an International Journal for the Semiotics of Law 29, no. 2 (June 2016): 333–58.
- Forthcoming: Conciliation and Conflict in the Meccan and Medinan Qur’an
- 'Tolerance in Islam' Symposium, SOAS. Paper title: The Qurʾanic Notion of Iḥsān as a Medium of Conciliation (15 May 2017).
- Middle East and North Africa Conference, University of Sussex. Paper title: Conciliation and Interfaith Dialogue in the Qur'an (27 April 2017).
- SOAS PhD Research Conference on Connectivity. Paper title: Qur'anic Conciliation Concepts in Relations of Kin (24 February 2017).
- CIS Seminar on Conciliation in the Qur'an - A Case Study of the Marriage Relationship (12 October 2016).
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (Qualified 1998)
- Centre of Islamic Studies